C014 An Antique Berlin Campana Shaped Porcelain Lamp - Circa 1840

             "Ich bin ein Berliner"!  JFK

A German, Prussian, Berlin porcelain, Campana, (bell), shaped table lamp of the Biedermeier period.  The lamp with a rich chocolate ground colour and delicately painted in polychrome enamels with a large loose bouquet of summer garden flowers in Deutsche Bluman style.  The lamp with moulded and applied Satyr heads and standing on a square based plinth.  The lamp fitted with a bronze, gold plated cap. The lamp shown with a pleated, ivory silk shade suggestion.

The Royal Porcelain Factory in Berlin (German: Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin) (KPM) was founded in 1763 by Frederick II of Prussia (Frederick the Great).

The Berlin factory mark is a cobalt blue sceptre, which is stamped (painted prior to 1837) on every piece.  All painted pieces produced by KPM are signed by the painter.  KPM is still producing to this day.

The Biedermeier period refers to an era in Central Europe between 1815 and 1848 during which the middle class grew and arts appealed to common sensibilities.  It began with the time of the Congress of Vienna at the end of the Napoleonic Wars and ended with the onset of the European Revolutions of 1848.

Frederick William IV - Circa 1840

Overall height (including shade 20"/50cm approx

Lamps shipped to the US and UK are wired to US and UK specifications

The lamp shade shown is for photography purposes only. 


Product Enquiry Form


Category: 19th century antique berlin lamp antique lamp Berlin German German table lamp lamps table lamps


Pin It Fancy

Next

Previous